Monday, December 6, 2010

Handmade album

 My neighbour has blessed me with a variety of papers that I use for my childrens art work and various cutting projects.  My three year old likes to cut with mommy's fiskar "fancy edge" scissors.  So you can imagine how many pieces of paper I go through.

Today while looking for a project I came up with the idea to make an album.  I used glossy paper for the cover and base of the interior pages.  Then I layered the interior pages with paper.

Edges were punched for binding but I do not have a binder so I "sewed" the pages with ribbon and then tied each bind.

 The album did me proud as it lays flat when finished the construction phase.

"Nice" comments my husband, "now what are you going to put in it?"  Well if I knew that I would have completed that part too.  He doesn't understand that these creative things take time.  Sometimes more time then I have in a day!






1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the colors of papers you used in your book!!!! And OH you're so right....these processes DO take time!!!! Masterpieces can't be thrown together......guys...most of them just done understand!!!! LOL the soft elegant warm colors are my FAVORITES!!! I also wanted to THANK YOU so much for your sweet comment on my blog!!!!! I hope you are having a very blessed day!!!

    ReplyDelete